Loaded Baked Potato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|photo by A Southern Fairytale|
- 4 slices country potato bread
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1-2 TBSP chopped green onions
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
That's it. To make the sandwich:
- Lay out bread; butter each slice on one side
- Spread sour cream on the other side of the bread; top with cheddar cheese slices and sprinkle with green onions.
- Cook bacon thoroughly; place over green onions
- Put sandwich together; cook like you would a normal grilled cheese.
I did mine on my George Foreman, but I've also made grilled cheese on a griddle and in a frying pan. Whatever you fancy!
Now, the pictures above was from the original recipe and site where I got the recipe. Here's how mine looked:
As a side note, if you don't particularly like sour cream (like me), you can always leave it out. On my sandwich, I put it on, just to see how it would taste... which was pretty damn good! Like I said, whatever you fancy.
*originally found at A Southern Fairytale, who originally got the recipe from Galley Kitchen: Bake Up, Little Suzy.